- 9 a.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- Wise County Courthouse
101 N Trinity Street
3rd floor, Number 101
Decatur, TX 76234
- Any additional monthly meetings to be held on the 4th Monday of each month at 9 a.m. on the third floor of the Wise County Courthouse effective October 1, 2018.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- County Judge: J.D. Clark
- Commissioner Precinct 1: Danny White
- Commissioner Precinct 2: Kevin Burns
- Commissioner Precinct 3: Harry Lamance
- Commissioner Precinct 4: Gaylord Kennedy
- Ex-Officio Clerk of Commissioners Court, County Clerk: Sherry Lemon
The county clerk is the ex-officio clerk of the commissioners court. The clerk shall:
- Issue the notices, writs, and process necessary for the proper execution of the court's powers and duties
- Keep the court's books, papers, records, and effects
- Serve the court during each of its terms
The court shall require the clerk to record the proceedings of each term of the court. This record may be in a paper or electronic format. After each term, the clerk shall attest to the accuracy of this record. The clerk shall record the court's authorized proceedings between terms. This record may be in a paper or electronic format. The clerk shall attest to the accuracy of the record. (LGC Section 81.003)
The Wise County Commissioners Court adopted the Rules of Procedures, Conduct and Decorum at Meetings of Wise County Commissioners Court (PDF) on March 11, 2019, and the rules have not been revised.
- To request to be placed on a Commissioners Court meeting agenda please contact the County Judge's Office at 940-627-5743.
- To request information about Commissioners Court records, contact Amanda Knox, Chief Deputy County Clerk at 940-627-3351.
If you would like to receive a copy of the agenda or other Commissioners Court news via email, you may email the Commissioners Court List Server by sending a blank email.